Speech2RTT® Communicator, an IDEAL Group innovation, is an Android-based mobile app that handles all of the following processes, locally, on smart phones:
- Speech recognition/transcription/in-context error correction;
- Immediate, real-time, streaming of the text, generated in step #1; and,
- Two-way, real-time text, communications.
Speech2RTT® Communicator enables users who are deaf, hard of hearing, late-deafened, and speech-impaired (with medium-fine motor control of their hands and fingers), to communicate with anyone, including people who can hear, speak, and see.
Users are given the option of communicating using:
- Speech to real-time text technology; or,
- A virtual/physical/Bluetooth smart phone keyboard.
Speech2RTT® Communicator accommodates users in 90+ countries.
Once a connection is established using a phone number, every word each user speaks/types, in any one of 60+ languages, is transcribed into text, error corrected, and then streamed in real-time to each other’s smart phone. If a user opts not to speak, or is unable to speak, they can type what they wish to say using their smart phone’s virtual, physical, or Bluetooth keyboard. In the case of using speech to real-time text, words are streamed one-by-one. In the case of typing, words are streamed character-by-character, in real-time.